UW–Madison offers a variety of professional education programs and resources for companies to develop existing staff. Our world-class professional development programs consistently rank in the top ten around the globe and are well respected in the professional world.
Featured Resource: Online and Distance Learning Programs
In today’s professional world, flexibility is key and UW–Madison is responding with online professional development options. Programs include online certificates, non-credit classes as well as online Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. In addition, there are options offering a hybrid model, where the majority of coursework is online, but some sessions bring students together on campus for hands-on learning. Explore the options for your workforce.
- MBA Degree options- Executive MBA and Part-time Evening MBA
- Center for Professional & Executive Development “off the shelf” and customized courses and certificates for individuals, teams or organizations.
- Family Business Center – Learning programs, peer groups, speaker series and resources from UW–Madison.
- Small Business Development Center – Courses meaningful for entrepreneurs and small business owners, networking and more.
- Engineering Professional Development – short courses, certificate programs and licensing credits in leadership and management.
- Engineering Professional Development – short courses, certificate programs and licensing credits in infrastructure, facilities, leadership and management and more.
- Professional Master’s Program in Computer Sciences -Designed for working professionals to earn an M.S. degree within two years.
- Capstone Certificate in Advanced Geographic Information Studies (GIS) – NEW! Online, customizable
- Master of Engineering and Degrees at a Distance – 9 different options from analytics to management.
- Master of Science in Biotechnology – Exclusive evening/weekend courses, work full-time while enrolled, earn degree in two years.
- Farm and Industry Short Course – 16-week education program. “Foundations of Farm Management” certificate, second-year program also available.
- Milking Research and Instruction Laboratory and UW Team Quality Milk – Courses and training on the principles of operation, testing and cleaning of milking systems.
- Veterinary Medicine Continuing Education – Offerings include live, in-person conferences and on-demand distance learning.
- Wisconsin Center for Dairy Research – Public short courses and option to customize company-specific trainings.
- Master of Science in Biotechnology – Exclusive evening/weekend courses. Work full-time while enrolled, earn degree in two years
- Applied Drug Development Certificate Program – features a mix of classes held in Madison or online
- Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership – professional development opportunities that focus on interprofessional collaboration and teamwork as coordinated by the:
- Master of Science in Biotechnology – Exclusive evening/weekend courses work full-time while enrolled, degree in two years
- Master of Engineering and Degrees at a Distance – 7 different options from analytics to management
- Professional Master’s Program in Computer Sciences – Designed for working professionals to earn an M.S. degree within two years
- MBA Degree options: Executive MBA and Part-time Evening MBA