You have a business or product idea, and you’re not sure about the next step. We’ve collected some of the resources available to you at UW–Madison.
- Advances in science and technology have the greatest impact when they move out of the lab and into real-life applications. The Technology Entrepreneurship Office (TEO), founded in October 2022, will increase the speed and frequency at which UW research is translated into usable technology. It supports STEM-based innovations from any faculty, staff, or student at UW–Madison.
- If you have an invention or technology and need to understand the next steps, resources from the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF) can help you learn about the disclosure process, including who must disclose and how to do so.
- Discovery to Product (D2P) is home to UW’s entrepreneurial ecosystem, coordinating the Innovate Network and connecting faculty, staff, and students with education, mentoring, and funding to help campus innovators get their idea or invention to market.
- The Law & Entrepreneurship Clinic offers guidance to faculty on the practices and process of intellectual property and other disclosures.
- Set up your own start-up workspace at University Research Park.
- Explore a series of resources we’ve collected for entrepreneurs featuring ways to move your idea, product or start-up forward.
- Tap into the wealth of professional development opportunities on campus which can help you advance your own career.
- Looking to share your story? Learn how to contact University Communications.
Need more direction? Contact our office and we can help you make the connections you need to be successful.