While UW–Madison awards more than 10,000 degrees annually, producing candidates with diverse skills, we appreciate companies are looking for solutions to engage with potential candidates in new and unique ways. These recruitment resources range from traditional career fairs to online portals to sharing additional tactics to elevate your visibility with students providing unique engagement opportunities. Our office looks forward to understanding your goals and connecting you with the right resources to fit your needs.
- Raise your visibility and connect with students. Be sure to set up an account on Handshake, UW–Madison’s online platform for job and traditional internship listings.
- Recruit students and recent graduates for micro-internships. These short-term, paid projects are typically remote and flexible, covering anywhere from 5 to 40 hours per week. Create a profile on UW-Madison’s Micro-Internship page and find out more in the new guide to online internships.
- Bookmark our Career Events page and make sure you reserve your company’s spot in Handshake for future online and on-campus events.
- Access career offices by school or college and degree level to serve your specialized hiring needs.
- Contact the International Internship Program if you are interested in hiring for a position abroad or an internationally-focused internship here in the US.
- Badger Bridge, a program from our colleagues at the Wisconsin Alumni Association® (WAA), that provides a platform for networking with Badgers and includes a dedicated jobs board where alumni can post jobs and reach other Badger Bridge members.
- Discover how other companies are raising their visibility at UW-Madison in addition to traditional recruitment opportunities. Hear directly from three companies on why Badgers set themselves apart in their workforce. Watch the story.
- Familiarize yourself with UW–Madison recruitment policies (last updated August 2019).
For additional resources, contact the Office of Business Engagement via email or phone at (608) 263-2840.